Not your Typical Chiropractic Clinic.
One of the things we hear patients say most often is something along the lines of “Wow, your chiropractic clinic sure is different!” “I’ve never seen an office like this before!” “I’ve been going to chiropractors for years and have never seen this approach!”
One thing chiropractors definitely have in common is that they’re all different. One thing that our clients generally agree on though is that our clinic is truly unique. Being unique not only sets us apart, but our patients ultimately benefit from these differences.
What are some of our Differences?
- Diagnostic Videofluoroscopy (live spinal video xray) of the spine. Spinal movement is everything when it comes to spinal health, and this technology allows us to actually see it visually. Imagine an xray of a spine, but in motion as a patient tests different spinal movements. This assessment happens on visit 1 and allows Dr. Mark to actually see sections of the spine that are not moving properly and causing issue. As a patient you also have the opportunity to see the video xray of your spine. From here you will get an explanation from Dr. Mark as to where the issues are and a treatment recommendation. Being told what your issues are is obviously very different from actually seeing them!
- Infrared thermal scanning of the spine on your first appointment and reassessments. This heat scanner helps visualize both nerve activity and blood flow in a patient’s back. A healthy scan will show a heat pattern that is balanced from top to bottom and side to side. An unhealthy scan will be unbalanced, indicating unbalanced blood flow and unbalanced function of the nerves controlling blood flow. We aim to see improvement in scan balance at the time of reassessment.
- Hi-Lo drop table and electronic instrument adjusting (treatment). Rather than more traditional forms of chiropractic, our drop table allows treatment without ‘twisting’ or ‘torquing.’
- Post-treatment electronic intersegmental traction massage tables. This table helps restore more spinal motion to the back and allows muscles to relax after being adjusted. Resting on these tables post-treatment is the favorite part of the visit for many patients, and rightfully so. More than just a nice extra perk, these tables truly help improve spinal health and our quality of care.
- Treatment of all joints of the body. Shoulders, wrists, hips, ankles, feet, etc. are often referred to as ‘extremity joints’ and not all chiropractors work with them. Motion in these joints is very important though and that is why we work with them at our clinic. On a daily basis we see great results by addressing joints away from the spine.
A Marriage between Technology and the Effectiveness of Chiropractic Care
We use what we consider to be the best technology available to analyze spinal issues and deliver an effective, comfortable, and thorough on-table experience. While other therapies and modalities are useful and valuable in their own right, we don’t incorporate them in our office setting because it would take focus away from our primary objective of specific and thorough chiropractic care. Why? Because we recognize the power and effectiveness of chiropractic care and find our results to be consistent when excellent spinal care is the objective. At the same time we will often refer our patients to other specialists for ancillary care when appropriate (massage, acupuncture, etc.)
Professional Enough to Give you Confidence, Casual Enough to Make you Comfortable
Choosing a chiropractor is not an easy task. Ideally you’d like to deal with a practitioner who is professional and confident and who’s working environment reflects the same. At the same time however, chiropractic care is unique in that it is very hands-on, humanistic, and typically involves multiple visits, sometimes over a lifetime. This requires that a practitioner is friendly, relateable, and that you develop a relationship with them. Dr. Mark Smith prides himself on balancing both and our patients agree- just check out our reviews and learn more about Dr. Mark here
We do our best to balance both in our clinic space as well. For example, after walking in for your first appointment to be greeted by our friendly (and small) office dog Charlie, you shortly thereafter have your lumbar spine visualized by a C-arm videofluoroscopy unit. You might be finishing an adjustment and being brought to a vertical standing position by our automatic Zenith hi-lo adjusting table but shortly after taking your shoes off to have a rest on the massage table. Both the professional and the familiar coexist in our clinic and we take pride in our environment.
Lifestyle Advice Beyond the Spine
A patient benefits from care only as much as their lifestyle allows. This why we have incorporated an examination and history-taking process that helps identify the lifestyle-related stressors that may be causing their issues. As it is said, ‘A problem well-defined is already half solved!’ After physical examination, xray, and history-taking, patients fill out a questionnaire to help us identify problem areas in how they are eating, thinking, and moving and are made more aware of their lifestyle-related deficiencies. Our wellness resource center located in our office is available for patients to peruse at their convenience. In addition, regular progress examinations reveal improvement along the way.
In the End, its all About Quality of Life
Regardless of where you go with your care, we’re here to help you on your terms. Ultimately how a person follows through on their care is up to them, and we realize this is the case. It is our goal to help you live better for as long as possible and as long as you choose.