Victoria Chiropractor Dr. Mark Smith’s treatment approach to patient care:
- Combining Spinal Video Xray and more traditional hands-on exam procedures which help to accurately direct Dr. Mark’s treatment.
- A thorough on-table chiropractic adjustment involving drop table. This results in care without twisting, torquing, and ‘cracking,’ often associated with traditional chiropractic care)
- Percussion instrument adjusting. This tool applies a light ‘tapping’ force and is effective for lighter adjustments, extremity joints, young children, and the elderly. This results in treatment that is more individualized.
- Modest muscular ‘trigger point therapy’ when appropriate in order to compliment spinal care.
- Full-body extremity adjustment (of shoulders, ankles, feet, hips, wrists, etc.). This results in a more complete treatment approach.
- Post-adjustment rest and relaxation on our Legacy 500 Intersegmental Traction Table. Also known as our ‘massage tables’, these tables have rollers that automatically move up and down the back in a wave-like motion. This movement gently stretches spinal ligaments, relaxes muscles, increases blood flow, and most importantly gets more motion into in the spine. Patients rest on these tables after seeing Dr. Mark’s in order to get even more out of their visits.
Individualized Care Plan:
- A reasonable, no-pressure initial care plan recommendation combined with current evidence and research-based lifestyle and wellness advice.
- A typical part of chiropractic care is the recommendation to do proactive strengthening and stretching exercises. These can be in the form of ‘spinal hygiene exercises’ for example. Patients are given exercises based on their individual needs and conditions, as well as more general spinal hygience exercises. These exercises are found both in our office and can be found in the ‘Resources and Exercises’ section of our website HERE.
- Regular progress exams to help track health and functional progress beyond symptoms alone
Common Issues that Victoria Chiropractor Dr. Mark Smith Helps with:
A few common things that may bring people into our Victoria chiropractic office are:
- Low Back pain
- Mid Back pain (middle back pain)
- Neck pain
- Care for babies and kids
- Ear infections and/or tinnitus
- Auto accidents/whiplash
- Pinched nerves
- Chronic fatigue
- Pregnancy pains
- Menstrual cramps
- Disc problems
- High blood pressure
- Leg pain
- Carpal tunnel pain
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Sport injuries
- Restricted movement
- Shoulders, hips, ankles, wrists, elbows, knees, and ribs
We are happy to help with your immediate acute care pain relief. We also have many patients who experience relief from their initial health problems and make the decision to maintain the good progress that they have made in order to keep their quality of life.
When they do this they see us on a regular basis to maintain the health of their spine and nerve system so that they can be as healthy as possible for a lifetime- similar to seeing a dentist on a regular basis to maintain dental and oral health.
Our Convenient Gordon Head Location with Plenty of Same Level Easy Access Parking
Our goal is for our office to be the kind of place you would be comfortable coming back to for a lifetime, where you spend as little time in the waiting room as possible and your interaction with staff is always professional and pleasant. We try to give you a great experience – every time. When you’re comfortable and relaxed it helps us do just that, and we try to create a personal, relaxed environment in our adjusting rooms.
We are centrally located in the Gordon Head area on the corner of Shelbourne and McKenzie in the McKenzie professional building with plenty of same-level parking from the second-floor parking deck.