What does Lifestyle and Wellness have to do with Chiropractic?
We all want wellness and happiness, but as Dr. Mark likes to say, “A patient will only benefit from care as much as their lifestyle will allow.” This means that the more physical, mental, emotional, and environmental stress there is in a person’s life, the less likely they are to benefit from their care. On the other hand, the healthier a person’s lifestyle is, the more they will benefit from their chiropractic care and experience wellness!
This is why we have incorporated an Evidence-Based Spinal Health Assessment and Health Risk Assessment to help give patients wellness guidance to live better.
What are the advantages of this assessment program?
1. Gives personalized lifestyle advice to maximize the results of patients
2. Tracks patient progress with attractive, easy to understand visuals (see below)
3. Provides information that a patient can use for a lifetime that is based on valid research from multiple sources, NOT personal opinion
4. Addresses four major pillars of health- Nutrition, Movement/Exercise, Mental/Emotional, and Spinal
5. Provides wellness advice that you may not receive from other healthcare practitioners at NO EXTRA COST to patients
The Spinal Health Assessment:
Is done on the first visit because it takes into account measurements like a patient’s physical function and limitations, range of motion, and spinal exam. We do this in order to provide results as to where spinal dysfunction exists and more importantly, what a patient can do to help themselves proactively with various wellness interventions, such as exercises/stretches, nutritional changes, or psychological/emotional exercises.
The Overall Health Risk Assessment:
This is similar to the Spinal Health Assessment but it is less specific to spinal health. We do this assessment because it adds a more detailed look into a patient’s overall lifestyle. This provides greater detail in regards to how a patients can improve their overall wellness.
It’s easy to become overwhelmed by the wellness and lifestyle information available online. Much of which is available online is not from credible or trustworthy sources or have hidden agendas. The assessments we provide give clarity by empowering our patients with the reliable advice they need to live well!